Building and Groundskeeper
This position is open and a successful candidate may begin immediately.
Compensation and Hours:
$11+/hr negotiable depending on experience. Part-time or full-time considered.
Small, family-owned funeral home is seeking a Building and Grounds Keeper. Duties are highly varied and fast-paced. The successful candidate for this position will be a quick-learner, a self-starter, and be flexible enough to pause and restart tasks often when different duties take priority.
- Basic garden maintenance including weeding, watering, and trimming.
- Maintain grounds cleanliness through keeping trash emptied, sidewalks clear, etc.
- Set up and take-down of indoor and outdoor funeral services including moving heavy benches, assisting with placement of caskets, setting up audio/visual equipment, and preparing space for caterers.
- Direct parking during services
- Perform an extremely broad range of support tasks around the funeral home including but not limited to errands, fix-it jobs, occasional indoor cleaning, and serving food at funerals in the absence of caterers.
- Professional and respectful in appearance and manner
- Comfortable working independently
- Able to lift 65 pounds
- Experience in maintenance, grounds keeping or gardening preferred but not required
- Experience with audio/visual equipment preferred but not required
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to Erin Darst Hein at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to meeting you and talking with you but please begin the inquiry process by email (erin@darstfuneralhome) and NOT by phone or in person – to minimize interuptions to our current families. Thank you!